Prospective clients and a representative of Simple Cleaning Solutions will meet at the client's home or business for a consultation that generally lasts between 30 and 60 minutes. During the consultation the following items will be discussed:
- We will review your household or commercial cleaning needs.
- We will discuss products and surfaces.
- We will agree on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly schedule.
- Emergency information forms will be filled out.
- We will talk about costs, budgets, and estimated time needed. Please understand a thorough cleaning is a time consuming process. We give added care and take precautions with furniture, collectibles, and other objects. If you wish to skip certain time consuming tasks, please let us know. Estimated time needed takes into consideration:
- Intricate objects such as glass figurines or books that need to be removed, cleaned and replaced.
- Any build up of kitchen grease, pet hair, heavy dust, or hard water stains.
- Removing multiple picture frames from shelves and mantels, dusting the frames, and replacing.
Simple Cleaning Solutions will:
- Will consistently use the same employees to service your home or office.
- Give you a set time for your cleaning, with a one-hour variance to allow for traffic and road conditions.
- Provide all cleaning supplies and equipment unless agreed upon in the initial consultation.
- Complete all services discussed in initial consultation.
- Make suggestions with regard to cleaning products and procedures to ensure prompt and thorough cleaning of the household.
- Dispose of chemicals in a utility or other sink that you designate.
Simple Cleaning Solutions does not:
- Hire 3rd party employment services under any circumstances.
- Provide services during the summer months to homes or commercial buildings without reasonably adequate air-conditioning or ventilation.
- Provide services during the winter months to homes or commercial buildings without adequate heating and running water.
- Provide services to households with unsupervised pets unless agreed upon in initial consultation (please gate or crate your pets).
- Provide services to households during the times that the house is occupied by unsupervised children or teenagers.
- Operate stoves, trash compactors, or other electric, gas, or kerosene appliances.
- Operate your motor vehicle.
- Throw circuit breakers or replace fuses.
- Let in service people such as meter readers, UPS drivers, and so forth.
- Feed pets or clean up pet accidents.
- Pick up a lot of miscellaneous items or clutter through-out your home unless extra time has been agreed upon in the initial consultation.. We don't have a problem with tidying up a little, but please have your house picked up and ready to be cleaned. Should it be your preference to have us pick up after you, this should be specified in our initial consultation so that the proper charges for the extra time it will take can be agreed upon.
- Dishes, unless specified in the initial consultation to allow for extra time.
- Scrub down shower curtains. This task is very awkward and requires a lot of time. Should you decide your shower curtain needs replaced, please purchase a new one and bring it to our attention and we will gladly hang it if time permits.
- Clean un-maintained blinds unless this has been agreed upon and several hours have been set aside during your first time cleaning. This is a very time consuming process which requires us to take down the blinds, take them outside, and scrub them down and hose them off. If your blinds are extremely well maintained and require only a quick dusting on a regular basis, this can be arranged.
- Access your phone or answering machine.
- Exchange keys with anyone other than the contracted client.
Hours of operation
Residential - Simple Cleaning Solutions generally provides residential services between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM Monday through Friday during the winter, and 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM Monday through Sunday during the summer season. Other times may be arranged with the representative.
Commercial - Simple cleaning solutions will accommodate all business operating schedules.
Simple Cleaning Solutions asks you to inform neighbors, neighborhood watch organizations, and relatives that a house cleaner will be on your property. Doing so can save the police department, neighbors, and the house cleaners from an embarrassing situation. Please notify Simple Cleaning Solutions of any visitors who may be in your home during the time of the cleaning service. This includes family, service contractors, repair personnel, and so forth. Simple Cleaning Solutions reserves the right to reschedule visits that coincide with a visit by another service contractor or house guest.
- Initial consultations are free.
- Rates are priced per job.
Cancellations with less than forty-eight hours notice are charged the nominal rate of $75. This causes a huge inconvenience for the scheduler, as well as the service personnel. Adequate notice, however, is never a problem. Excessive cancellations with less than 48 hours notice are subject to cessation of services. We understand that emergencies arise, and that you may need to occasionally cancel services with less than forty-eight hours notice, however, please reserve such cancellations for emergencies only, to avoid any conflict that may result from frequent cancellations.
- Please leave payments in a sealed envelope at your residence on the day of the service.
- Please make all checks payable to Simple Cleaning Solutions.
- Please do not postdate checks.
- Please note that payments received after the due date are subject to late fees.
- Occasionally we barter for services. If you own a professional service that you think may be of use to us, please feel free to ask! Bartering is one way that communities and small businesses can help each other.
- If you need a receipt for your service each time, please let us know at the time of your initial consultation.
- Should you forget to leave payment we will leave an invoice, which can be mailed to:
20 Gansevoort Rd
So. Glens Falls, NY 12803
Payments that are received after the due date (which is within 15 days after the service date) are added 10% interest. If your payment is more than 30 days late, an additional fee of $1.00 per day (weekend and holidays included) will be added until the account is brought up to date. In case of frequent late payments, Simple Cleaning Solutions reserves the right to terminate services at any time. Additional fees may be imposed for returned checks, and closed accounts. In such cases, you will be charged $35.00 for each returned check (that's the service fee imposed on us by our bank).
Simple Cleaning Solutions offers a 15% discount on one (1) routine cleaning for any referrals that are scheduled and completed. This is our way of saying thanks to our wonderful and committed clients! We have many excellent references, a sample of which will be provided in you initial consultation.
Simple Cleaning Solutions updates service guides and contracts on June 1st of each year. You will always receive a copy of the new contract in the month of May. This gives you an opportunity to read and review the guide as well as ask questions.
Simple Cleaning Solutions is insured by:
Claverack Cooperative Insurance Co.
271 Roxbury Rd. Suite 1
Hudson, NY 12534
Phone: (518) 761-6764
One Hartford Plaza
Hartford, CT 06155